Terms & conditions
The following Terms & Conditions apply to all reservations made at The Gate.
- Our recipes can’t be altered.
- Please inform us of any allergens or food intolerances 72 hours prior.
- Allergen information is available upon request, please inform your server before ordering.
- We do not operate an allergen-free kitchen, all our dishes are subject to cross contamination.
Cancellations / no-shows:
- Parties of 7-9 guests: You will be asked for your debit / credit card details to secure your booking. In the event of a cancellation we require 48 hours’ notice. We will charge a £10pp cancellation fee if you do not arrive for your reservation or do not give the required notice.
- Parties of 10 guests or more: You will be asked for a £10pp deposit. The amount of the deposit will be deducted off the final bill on the day of the reservation. In the event of a cancellation we require 48 hours’ notice. The deposit will be forfeited if you do not arrive for your reservation or do not give the required notice.
- Should you request a deposit refund post-booking, this will be processed within 5 working days. Deposits can only be refunded to the card it was paid with.
Menus & pre-orders:
- Groups of up to 10 guests can choose from the A la Carte menu on the day.
- Parties of 11 or more will be offered a set menu to choose from on the day. (During the Festive period a pre-order is required for parties of 11 guests or more)
- Parties of 15 or more will be asked to pre-order from a set menu a week prior. (During the Festive period a pre-order is required for parties of 11 guests or more)
- Parties of 40 or more will be required to select a set menu (one starter, one main course, one dessert) for the entire party.
- All of the menus are based on seasonal availability.
- The wine list is subject to price and vintage changes throughout the year.
- Only food produced by the Gate kitchen and drinks sold by The Gate are permitted for consumption on the premises.
- No two promotional / special menu can be used in conjunction.
- Promotional menus are only valid for parties of up to 8 guests.
- The a la carte menu and promotional menus are not available after 5pm on Valentine’s Day, New Year’s Eve, Wild Mushroom Festival in Hammersmith, when a special menu applies.
A discretionary service charge of 12.5% on food & beverages is to the bill. Service charge is divided across the entire restaurant team.