Miso Glazed Aubergine
Yield: 6 portions
500g white miso paste
1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
6 aubergines, split in half and scored
1 tbsp toasted cashew nuts
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
1. Place the aubergines on a baking tray, drizzle olive oil, season, and bake in pre-heated oven at 180c for about 20 minutes.
2. While the aubergines are baking, prepare the miso sauce: In heavy bottom pot place the sugar, mirin and sake and bring to the boil.
3. Add the miso paste and whisk it in till smooth and let it reduce to one quarter of its original quantity;
4. Add in the soy sauce, mix well and let it cool down.
5. Take the aubergines out of the oven, pour the miso sauce over the fleshy side and place under the grill until golden brown;
6. Sprinkle toasted cashew nuts and sesame seeds on top.