Yield: 4 portions
4 large onions, peeled and diced
1kg shiitake, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
125ml white wine
200g almond powder
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. In a heavy bottom pan sweat the onions and garlic with vegetable oil till very soft.
2. Add sugar and caramelise. Add mushrooms and cook till all the water has evaporated.
3. Add wine and de-glaze. Reduce wine by half.
4. While hot, place in a food processor until you get a paté consistency.
5. Add the almond powder until you get the right thickness for a spreadable mix.