Strawberry Eton Mess
500g strawberries or any fruits you like
2 small tins of chickpeas (we’ll only need the chickpea water)
600g caster sugar
500ml vegan cream
1.Whip the cream and reserve.
2. Wash and cut half of the strawberries into quarters and reserve.
3. Place the rest of the strawberries with a bit of sugar in a blender to make a smooth coulis and reserve.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 100℃.
5. To make the meringue, place the chickpea water in a high speed mixer with half of the sugar and start whipping. Add the rest of the sugar slowly till you get a thick meringue. Bake on grease proof paper for about 3 hours in the ovenat 100℃.
6. Fold in the strawberry purée and crushed meringue in the cream, then fold in the chopped strawberries.
7. Spoon equal amounts of the mixture into four cold glasses. Serve garnished with the remaining strawberries.